The desk job has been taking a toll on us in ways more than we know or we accept.
The sedentary lifestyles have harmed our bodies way too much. While we cannot do much about the way of working, we can always find ways to improve our health.
Lower back pain is like slow poison, you would not tend to notice it in the beginning, you tend to ignore the little signs which tell you there is a problem with your back. But one fine day, it increases beyond measure and you face difficulty in even bending down for basic tasks.
Let us discuss what all can we do at home to make this pain go away!
- Keep moving: That little device in your hand always does more than just let you surf through social media! Keep reminders in your mobile phone for getting up from your seat every hour and taking a 5 minutes’ stroll.
2. Do stretching: Every morning after waking up, keep those few minutes aside for the stretching exercises, which are a must for your body. Blood flow increases in your body because of that and you will feel more energetic throughout the day.
3. Yoga: Imbibe certain yoga poses in your daily routine to keep the back pain at bay! Don’t you worry about the difficulty level of the poses if you are a non-practitioner of yoga, as these are all very basic poses. Try to hold all the poses for 10-15 seconds for added benefits.
Listing a few of them below:
- Cat pose
- Cow pose
- Bridge pose
- Cobra pose
- Child pose
- Locust pose
- Downward facing dog
4. Sleeping tip: Sleep with a rolled napkin or a small pillow under your knees. It helps in maintaining the natural back curve and the healthy sleeping posture.
5. Hot compress: This therapy is for the ones with a chronic back pain. Use a heating pad/bag etc. before sleeping and after waking up as the chronic back pain is at the peak during these times. The hot towel/bag therapy reduces the stiffness in the muscles caused while sleeping and also increases the blood flow in the affected area. It soothes the aching muscles.
The above mentioned remedies are helpful in case there is mild back pain or just the beginning of it. If it is persistent/unbearable it is highly advisable to visit a doctor for appropriate and accurate treatment.
Disclaimer: Above content is only for knowledge purpose and should not be a substitute for medical advice from a doctor. Consult a doctor if the lower back pain persists.