We all have to agree that there are some days when you wake up groggy and as the day passes you feel more and more miserable. Of course it is okay to feel that way sometimes, but many a times we do not have the luxury to wallow in self-pity even on such odd days.
So how to survive that day?
Well, here’s sharing our tried and tested ways to pass the gloomy day and wait for a brighter next morning!
- Start your day with meditation/yoga or a light walk in the fresh air. Even if you are not a regular practitioner of yoga/meditation, give it a shot on such days, it will definitely fill you up with energy!
You could go out for a walk in a park nearby or if your society has one, you can use that. Soak in some sunshine and breathe in some fresh air – both of these have become such rare things in our busy lifestyles that getting some of them would make you feel instantly pumped up about life as we know it.
- If you have a job that requires you to work from home then you have the liberty of working in your own twisted ways. Take little 5 minutes break every hour and walk around in the house. Talk to someone close to you for 5 minutes in that break; talk about anything at all in the world – may be even politics in Brazil haha!
- If you have a fairly long commute to your work, listen to music while on the way. Any kind of music – soothing, loud, blasting your ears, romantic! That will help you to calm your nerves and feel better in a way that you will be able to pass your day in a better frame of mind.
- Engage yourself in as much work as possible; do not keep your mind free. On such days, it is a normal human tendency to go on a thought train and overthink. Do not let that happen or else a bad day will turn into a worse one. Keep yourself occupied in one thing or another and that is the key to stay away from any negativity that might seep in.
- Plan your evening; not necessarily a fancy night but it could be a quiet dinner watching your favorite classic movie on the couch. Eating your favorite food could up your spirits or at least provide you with some comfort, in a way uplifting your low day a little higher.
- Read your favorite book with a scented candle lighted on your side table and you cuddled in your cozy comforter. Nothing better than reading a good book and melting into the book world and forgetting the real world and its worries on a bad day.
Let us know if any of the above mentioned things you found helpful! You could even share your little secrets about how you uplift your low days!
Until next time…